Roofing, Waterproofing, and Building Envelope Consultants
RC Lichy & Associates is a firm of building envelope consultants assisting architects, engineers, building owners, property managers, contractors, and insurance companies with their roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall systems needs for over thirty years. RC Lichy & Associates offers our roof consulting, waterproof consulting, and exterior wall system consulting services across the country and internationally.
In addition to preparation of roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall systems specifications, drawings, and construction management services, RC Lichy & Associates offers extensive survey and inspection services designed to determine the best way to extend the life of your roof, waterproof, and exterior wall system.
PMMA Liquid-Applied Roofing can tackle your thorniest roofing problems.
Around the country, facility managers are solving difficult roofing problems by using polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) cold, liquid-applied roofing systems. PMMA roofing systems have been successful in Europe and on the East Coast of the United States for several years, but now are seeing increasing use all over the country. The product is capable of performing well under adverse conditions.
Services We Provide
RC Lichy& Associates, Inc. provides the following roofing, waterproofing, and building envelope consulting services:
- Building envelope evaluation - Visual inspections of the roof system, waterproof system, exterior wall system, and related building envelope components
- Non-destructive moisture surveys of the roof, waterproof, and exterior walls (infrared and capacitance)
- Energy analysis of your roof, waterproof, and exterior walls
- Design development and preparation of construction documents and drawings for roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall systems restoration and replacement projects
- Project management and construction administration
- Field quality control inspections
- Preventive maintenance programs
- Warranty claims assistance
- Failure Investigations
- Leak traces
- Expert Witness
Basic Components of a Typical Visual Roof Survey
- An overall inspection of the roof membrane, by a professional roof consultant, to ensure proper construction and integrity of the roof system
- Examine the roof membrane base flashings and sheet metal cap flashings, copings, perimeter-edge flashing, and trim
- Inspect all rooftop equipment, roof projections, and roof drain assemblies
- Examine the underside of the roof deck and ceiling and walls for signs of moisture infiltration
- Examine all other connected or related building systems or materials
- Report of roof survey findings with recommendations for necessary corrective actions, cost estimates for repair or replacement, roof plan showing locations of all deficiencies, and a photographic records of existing conditions of the roof membrane, flashings, and associated building materials
BUILDING ENVELOPE - A building envelope is the separation between the interior and the exterior environments of a building. It serves as the outer shell to protect the indoor environment as well as to facilitate its climate control.
The building envelope consists of the roof system, vertical and horizontal waterproof system, the exterior wall system, and associated building materials.
Our full time involvement in the roofing, waterproofing, and building envelope industry allows us to keep current with the many advancements and new roof, waterproof, and exterior wall products being introduced by roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall product manufacturers.
EVOLUTION IS YIELDING EFFECTIVE TECHNOLOGY
Green roofing is thought to be relatively new idea, but in fact it has existed since ancient times. The number of green roofs has steadily increased during the past several years.